Sunday, June 24, 2007

Lots Of Things On The Calendar

I returned from Indianapolis late yesterday afternoon.

Joshua picked me up at the airport, and he and I went home, and we stayed home for the rest of the day.

While I was in Indianapolis, Josh stayed with my Mom and Dad, so he was well taken care of while I was out of town.

Today, after church, Josh and I went over to my parents’ house to help my mother get things ready for a houseful of people, starting on Tuesday, when my uncle from Oregon will arrive for a visit.

On Tuesday night, if my uncle is up to it, Josh and I will go over to my parents’ house for dinner. I have not seen my uncle for fourteen years, and I look forward to seeing him again.

On Wednesday afternoon, I must travel to Baltimore on business. While I am in Baltimore, Josh will stay with my parents again. I am scheduled to return from Baltimore very early Friday evening, around the same time that my brothers and my older brother’s family will arrive for a ten-day visit, and I will stay at my parents’ house, too, until we all embark northward.

On Sunday afternoon, we will all head up to the lake for a week, and we will remain there until Saturday, July 7. My brothers will fly home the next afternoon, and my uncle will return to Oregon on Monday.

Things are busy with us, clearly.

And things will only get busier for us not long after we return from the lake. Joshua’s family will arrive for a visit that Thursday, and his family will remain until the following Monday morning.

We have lots of things on the calendar, and we are looking forward to everything very much.

2 comments:

  1. Drew - I'm sorry that you've decided to stop blogging. I've enjoyed reading your musings on books and music - they're thoughtful and informative.

    Like some of those who've commented on your blog, I'm sometimes bemused by the strong opinions you hold on such a wide range of cultural topics. But, that's part of what keeps me coming back.

    I don't understand why the nuttiness of a few bloggers would influence your decision. You seem too grounded and surrounded by familial support for this to be a problem. Blogging doesn't necessarily lead to madness.

    Anyway, I hope you'll chime in occasionally when Josh blogs. Or, why not reconsider your decision?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, David, and thank you for your kind words, and all best wishes to you.

    I think I am going to ease out of the picture for a while, and let Joshua handle things for a few months starting in September.

    Joshua is very opinionated, too, as you will find out, and I think you will enjoy reading him very much.

    Joshua writes very vividly, and he is extremely well-read, and he is very, very devilish, if not wicked!

    I hope and trust that all things are well with you.

    ReplyDelete