Friday, May 18, 2007

Gear Ready

Joshua and I have our gear ready for the weekend, and we are all set to go. Our clothes are packed, we have selected our books, and all we have to do is to grab our stuff and head over to my parents' house tonight after work.

My mother informed us last night that we will not be leaving until 7:30 p.m. tonight, because she is going to make us eat something before we go. She is going to give us chicken salad sandwiches and potato salad before we head out. Then, when we arrive at the lake, she is going to make us omelets before we go to bed.

We have all selected our books for the weekend.

Joshua has selected Martin Gilbert's "Kristallnacht: Prelude To Destruction" for his weekend reading.

I have selected Theodore Rabb's "The Last Days Of The Renaissance" for my weekend reading.

My mother has selected Irene Nemirovsky's "Suite Francaise" for her weekend reading.

My father has selected Geoffrey Wawro's "The Franco-Prussian War" for his weekend reading.

As for Rex, he will try to have a go at the complete "Faust" of Goethe. Being a German Shepherd, he will naturally be using the original German text.

We are all looking forward to the weekend very much. I, especially, am looking forward to some rest, because this week was a very busy one for me at work, and next week will be even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment