Sunday, June 29, 2008

Safe Arrivals

Everyone arrived safely yesterday.

My older brother and his family arrived late yesterday morning, and we all went to the airport to retrieve them and bring them home. We stayed in the rest of the day, catching up on things and playing with my nephew. My nephew had a ball all afternoon and evening, what with so many persons (and a dog) to play with him.

My brother from Denver arrived very, very late last night. It was almost 12:30 a.m. when he pulled in. We were all waiting up for him (except my nephew). We were very glad to see him. I made him a big breakfast to welcome him home, and then we put him to bed after his long drive.

This morning we went to church, and my brothers had an opportunity to visit with friends and acquaintances. We have otherwise remained home today, getting some last-minute things ready for our week at the lake.

We will head out early tomorrow morning, and return sometime Saturday evening.

In the excitement of our departure, I hope we don’t forget the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment