Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Slow Day

Yesterday was a slow day at the office, as a substantial number of persons took the day off, perhaps because of the Gerald Ford state funeral.

After work yesterday, I rode home with my Dad. He told me that he had had a slow day at the office, too.

On the drive home, he reiterated to me how grateful he and my mother were for Josh's and my help, both before and during the holidays. I told my Dad, honestly, that we both were very pleased to have helped, because doing so made our own holidays very special ones, too.

Josh and I ate dinner at my parents' house last night, and then we went home. My mother sent us home with enormous amounts of food, enough to last us through the week and into the weekend.

I think that my parents are sad to have seen the holidays end and to have seen everyone depart, but I also think that they are happy to have the house to themselves for a while. They probably welcome a bit of quiet and a period of rest after having a house full of people for ten days.

When I was in law school, I know that it was very hard on my parents, having all three boys so far away. Now, at least one of us is nearby, and I think that this is a source of comfort to my parents.

Josh and I are going to stay home alone for the rest of the week, and we are going to stay home alone on Saturday, too. We'll see my parents on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment