Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hard Time

This week has not been a normal week for Joshua and me, schedule-wise.

Unlike our normal practice, Josh and I did not have my parents over for dinner on Monday night, and Josh and I did not go over to my parents' house for dinner tonight, Wednesday. However, tomorrow night, Thursday, a night Josh and I always spend at home by ourselves, we WILL be going over to my parents' house for dinner.

On Saturday, Josh and I will not be going over to my parents' house, as we usually do, because I have work to do at the office that day and, on Saturday night, Josh and I will attend a concert by the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra. The concert will feature music of Haydn, Rossini, Schoenberg and Ligeti, and it is one of only two programs by the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, all season, that Josh and I want to hear. The conductor will be Roberto Abbado.

On Sunday, Josh and I will see my parents at church, but after church my parents will be spending the rest of the day with my mother's relatives. However, on Monday, a federal holiday, we WILL be spending the day with my parents. Then, two days later, on next Wednesday, I must go to Texas on business until the end of the month, during which time Josh will be home alone for two weeks.

Josh and I have never been apart, so those two weeks will be hard time.

I think that Josh should go stay with my parents during those two weeks, so that he will not be alone, all by himself, in our apartment.

We are thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment