Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Supremely Happy

My brother from Denver did make it home on Friday night.

His flight was delayed, considerably--his flight had still not departed Denver at the time it was scheduled to arrive in Minneapolis--but his flight finally landed at MSP at 7:30 p.m.

My parents did not wait at the airport--they took my other brother and his family home, and Josh and I remained at the airport, waiting for the flight from Denver--because there was no point in having everybody, including my nephew, hang around in the madhouse crowds at the airport.

Josh and I got my brother home at 8:45 p.m., too late to play with my nephew, who had already long since been put to bed (his bedtime is 8:30 p.m. East Coast time). My mother had kept our dinner warm for us, and it was good to be ensconced for the holiday.

We had a wonderful Saturday, and a wonderful Christmas Eve, and a wonderful Christmas, and a wonderful Boxing Day. It is so good to have everyone home.

My nephew seems enormous! He has grown so much since Labor Day! He is having a great time, what with so many people competing to make a fuss over him.

The dog is also in bliss, having a full household of people to play with.

Everyone is supremely happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment